Need some lunchbox inspo? These quick and healthy egg muffins are a great lunch option and are easy to fit into any lunchbox!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 8 muffins (serves 4)
1 tbsp oil
150g broccoli, finely chopped
1 fresh red pepper, finely diced
2 fresh spring onions, chopped
6 large eggs
1 tbsp milk
A pinch of paprika, smoked
50g of grated cheddar
A small handful of chopped chives (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 4.
2. Use half of the oil to grease an eight-hole muffin tin and keep aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, and add the pepper, broccoli, and spring onions. Fry on a medium heat for 5 minutes and then set aside to cool.
4. Combine the eggs, smoked paprika, milk, and half of the cheese in a bowl. Next, add in the cooked vegetables.
5. Transfer the egg mixture into the muffin tin holes and top with the remaining cheese, and a few chives if using. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
This recipe is super versatile, so feel free to add any veggies you have on hand, and maybe even some ham or smoked salmon.
Have a go and let us know what you think!